Plummer's Store


1st (formerly Commercial) & Main in 1869 and today. The waterfront was a lot further inland before the landfill and seawall were added.

UPDATE: Wow. Is my face red (seriously... it was really sunny today). All the attention these images have been getting has had one great result: People can point out things I mess up. Seattle historian Ron K. Edge was kind enough to point out that my image at 1st and Main wasn't correct the first time around. The image featuring Plummer's Store from 1869 was one of my first attempts at compositing past and present photographs. I've since learned a lot about the layout of Seattle over previous decades, but I clearly still have a lot to learn! Here is the image again, this time at the right intersection. Thanks, Ron!


Comments

Popular Posts